Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Telling our parents...

I realized I forgot to include a very special story about baby Zeke! The days we told our parents the big news! This may be kind of long because I am going to do both families in one post. We told both of our parents a couple weeks after we found out. I actually helped my parents move the week after I knew and had to keep it from them because I wanted to tell everyone together. I talked to all the kids about coming up to surprise dad for his birthday this summer. It was the last week mom and dad would be in TN before the big move. James and I decided this would be the best time to drop the bomb! I have never been so nervous about a birthday party in my life. We had such a big secret to keep. Throwing a surprise party was really a good way to cover up my nervousness because who doesn't get nervous when they are trying to pull off the party? We actually have the surprise on video, but not uploaded yet. I'm going to try and get it on here eventually because it's hilarious. Total delayed reaction from everyone!

Waiting on everyone to get here!

Now we were waiting on mom and dad to get here

Penny and Avery entertaining each other
 SO my pictures of the actual surprise aren't the best because I was so excited. That's why James recorded it. Basically I had a gift bag on the table for dad filled with his favorite treats. At the bottom I rolled up this shirt that said "The best Dads get promoted to GRANDPA." Now for the delayed reaction...Dad opened it and looked at it quietly then turned it around. Mom went "awwww" (later to find out she thought the grandpa was referring to the dogs..since we always joke that Penny and Avery are his granddogs). Then my sister turns to be looking a little confused and said kind of quietly "Are you pregnant?" Which I responded "Yes" and then the room was filled with shrieks, screams, gasps, you name it!!
this is when mom said "awww" lol






Proud soon to be grandparents

Birthday boy

Then we all went in to Millington to take a family photo my mom has been wanting for years now. Nat wasn't able to join but it was the best shot at getting most of us in the picture. Maybe we can try after Christmas!



Leaving the south to go back north!


Who wouldn't want to jump in front of the Millington sign?

Good times! Now while mom and dad were home we used them to help up tell James' parents. We wanted to tell his whole family together but we would have had to keep the secret for so much longer from them it just didn't seem right. We asked his parents to come up to the house and take a few group pictures for us since we officially bought the house that week. Luckily they agreed! His parents had a total delayed reaction too! I wanted to tell them while they were having their picture taken because those type of photos are so funny. So here's how it went down:

One of us in front of our new house :)

This is the one we asked them to come up to take for us

Then we said let's get one with James' parents too

Then mom said one more, it was blurry. On the count of three say "Hannah's pregnant"
I'm the only one saying anything...lol

Oh wait your serious!!

SURPRISE!!!!

Laughing and excited!!

It took a minute but as you can see they caught on!! Yay for babies!!!! Now I felt like I could sleep again because we told our parents. Haha! We told the Bowen siblings a few weeks later while were in St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment